On September 25, 2009, Rassie was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. His symptoms: Swollen Feet and bruising. We never exepected a diagnoses of Leukemia. The Doctors and we ourselves, are very optimistic about the treatments available. We know that we have a long road ahead of us and we hope that you will support us on our journey to recovery.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Little Things

I want to share a special story from last night on the Power of Prayer. We were all snuggled into bed. Rassie was still sitting up getting situated but I had already layed down and said my prayers. I prayed that even though Rassie’s recovery from his back injury was a long, slow process that God would let us know he was getting better by even the simplest thing like being able to move his toes. The next thing I know, Rassie tells me he felt his toe twitch! I was so excited. I told him about my prayer and at first he laughed because he didn’t believe me but then he realized I was telling the truth. I love the little things God does for us! He truly does give me Faith.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rassie is doing good. Keeping his spirits high. He has is moments of frustration but who wouldn’t? I’m keeping him busy. He’s been helping out around the house. He gets diaper duty a lot. J I think its great that the chase lounge is just perfect to lay the kids on so that he can change diapers. I am sure he doesn’t appreciate it all that much though. Haha! He’s been helping keep the kids entertained too. He gets in the floor and plays with them. He is determined to help Lane Roll over on his own! He sits there with the video camera cheering him on. Too funny! The Saturday after Thanksgiving, Scarlett and I put up the Christmas Tree while Rassie and Lane supervised. Then Rassie helped decorate. We had to go out and get candy canes because that is Rassie’s favorite thing to put on the tree! I think it looks great!


Happiness keeps you Sweet, Trials keep you Strong,
Sorrows keep you Human, Failures keep you Humble,
Success keeps you Glowing,
But only Family and Friends keep you Going.