On September 25, 2009, Rassie was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. His symptoms: Swollen Feet and bruising. We never exepected a diagnoses of Leukemia. The Doctors and we ourselves, are very optimistic about the treatments available. We know that we have a long road ahead of us and we hope that you will support us on our journey to recovery.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

wait, wait, wait

I feel like we are constantly waiting. Maybe I am just impatient.  Rassie called the hospital today to check on his physical therapy schedule.  As of yet the worker's compensation has not approved it.  Last Thursday the hospital told him they should know something within 72 hours. I am thinking with the weekend it took a little longer.   But still, I am ready to hear something back on his therapy schedule.

Rassie stood again today. Twice.  We stimulated the spot on his foot and he took control of his left leg.  The first time he stood he took a few steps.  This time I pull his right pants leg to help him keep that foot straightened out so it wouldn't turn in where he stepped on the ankle again.  He did much better.  The second attempt, he just stood and bared weight as much as he could tolerate.  I am proud of him for trying so hard at standing these past two days. 
~~~~~~~~~~
Tonight after Rassie got out of the shower he told me his hair was falling out.  He said there was a big glob in the shower. I reminded him that he is on a chemo medication.  Gleevec IS chemo in the form of a pill.  Then we laughed it off when I told him my hair was falling out too because of Lane!  About 3 months after both of my pregnancies my horomones went crazy and my hair started falling out.  I told Rassie we could lose our hair together.  At least for a little while.   

Alright, that's really all there is to say for tonight.  I hope everyone has a great Christmas weekend.  Stay safe.

God Bless & Good Night

4 comments:

Holly said...

That's encouraging that he was able to stand twice! It's prolly easy to forget that it's chemo b/c that's not usually how you think of chemo. It was prolly puzzling at first! Hope your drains don't get clogged b/t the two of you! lol

Draditya ortho said...

Best Joint replacement Surgeon in Kompally

Draditya ortho said...

Shoulder pain Treatment in Kompally

konnectdiagnostics said...


Radiology Services in Hyderabad