On September 25, 2009, Rassie was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. His symptoms: Swollen Feet and bruising. We never exepected a diagnoses of Leukemia. The Doctors and we ourselves, are very optimistic about the treatments available. We know that we have a long road ahead of us and we hope that you will support us on our journey to recovery.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

No News...

Now news is not always good news.  Still waiting to hear back on that physical therapy.  My guess is that Rassie is now up and walking pretty well so they (the worker's comp ins.) figures they don't need to approve anymore physical therapy.  Guess we will just continue to work on that at home.  Rassie knows all his workouts and can do just about everything but the pool here at home.  Including the bike! With that being said, he shouldn't fall behind.

Rassie has two appointments coming up this week.  First, he is seeing an ENT.  He's been having some funky drainage in his tonsils.  They swell up and then this green gunky stuff comes out of them.  They treated him for strep once but the tests never came back positive and this has been going on for a while!  The first time he noticed the "mystery gunk" was back in September when he was first diagnosed with CML. That appointment is tomorrow, Wednesday, and I am hoping they can figure out what is going on.  Shouldn't be anything too serious is my prediction.

Rassie's second appointment is with PM&R again.  He sees Dr. F.  The same doctor he has been seeing since his arrival at S&W for the accident.  I am really curious as to  what Dr. F will have to say.  Rassie has been having some burning/tingling going on in his right leg and foot.  It's few and far between but it is something.  Not to mention, he woke up in pain the other night because, for a moment, he could FEEL the bottom of his right foot. To me, this means that the hematoma is starting to go down some more.  I can't wait for that thing to just go away completely so Rassie can feel everything again! Guess we'll find out Dr. F's thoughts on Thursday!

Rassie's next oncology appointment at the Glenda Tanner Vasicek Cancer Treatment Center is on July 6th.  For some reason I wrote on the calendar July 7th, so if I told you the wrong date before you now have the correct information. 

Oh! I almost forgot.  I haven't updated about Rassie's blackout spells in a while.  He is doing great.  I guess the stress is slowly melting off.  He hasn't had an episode in at least two weeks. Probably more.  And by episode I mean no going into a daze or passing out.  He's doing great.  With that said, I'm considering going back to work. I'm handing out a few resumes today so keep your prayers with me!  Rassie will be able to watch the kids on days he doesn't have therapy or appointments and family will be able to help out on the days he does. Plus, I'm hoping to put our oldest into daycare/preschool at least part time so he won't have to worry about her so much.

I think thats about it for now and that I've covered everything.  If I've forgoten I'm sure I'll be back on to blog about it.  Make it a great day.

God Bless

12 comments:

Holly said...

I hope he can keep doing the therapy. That'll be really good for him but I know if he isn't able to he'll stick with doing everything at home.

Glad he hasn't had blackouts recently!

Dr Vinay Ortho said...

Best Surgical Oncologist in madhapur

drvidyasagar said...

Vidyasagar Hospital in Kadapa

Shri Sigma Hospitals said...

Cardiologist in Madhpur

Shri Sigma Hospitals said...

 ENT Doctor in Madhapur

Shri Sigma Hospitals said...

 Best Orthopedic Surgeon in Banjara Hills

Shri Sigma Hospitals said...

Best Pediatric Hospital in Madhapur

Shri Sigma Hospitals said...

Shri Sigma Hospitals

Shri Sigma Hospitals said...

Multispeciality Hospital in Hyderabad

Shri Sigma Hospitals said...

Best Hospital in Madhapur

konnectdiagnostics said...


Radiology Services in Hyderabad

konnectdiagnostics said...


X Ray Scan in Suryapet