On September 25, 2009, Rassie was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. His symptoms: Swollen Feet and bruising. We never exepected a diagnoses of Leukemia. The Doctors and we ourselves, are very optimistic about the treatments available. We know that we have a long road ahead of us and we hope that you will support us on our journey to recovery.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Upcoming Appointments

No real updates to give. I guess that's good news though :)

Rassie has some up and coming appointments.  On July 6th, he sees his oncologist again.   Not much to say about that until we go to the appointment.  I'm making Rassie write out a list of questions early so we don't forget to ask anything this time.  Of course, I'm adding all of my own questions too!  Feel free to give your input, I just might not know the answer to your questions and I can ask the doctor!

On July 7th, Rassie sees the 3rd party doctor on the worker's comp case.  This is the same doctor he saw back in February.  This doctor was assigned by the state to give a second opinion.  And at that time he agreed with Dr. F that Rassie needed therapy and would improve and get better!  He was right!!!! I am so thankful for that second opinion or else worker's comp may not have pulled through for us and Rassie may have never gotten approved for physical therapy. 

I am so thankful to be sharing my life with such a wonderful man! We've had our ups and downs but I must say, Rassie has stayed strong and pulled through all of this fairly well!  Keep the prayers coming!  You never know just how strong the power of prayer is until you're in a fragile situation. I am so thankful for all of you who continue to pray and support Rassie and our family.

Good Night & God Bless