On September 25, 2009, Rassie was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. His symptoms: Swollen Feet and bruising. We never exepected a diagnoses of Leukemia. The Doctors and we ourselves, are very optimistic about the treatments available. We know that we have a long road ahead of us and we hope that you will support us on our journey to recovery.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

A BIG Thank You

I'm not sure who you are. I do not know your situation.  I have no idea what motivates your generousity. 

I do, from the bottom of my heart, sincerely THANK YOU!

A few weeks ago I had blogged an update about Rassie.  In that blog I mentioned how Rassie and I were considering getting a stationary bike to help with the mobility of Rassie's right leg. (click here to read that blog).  Something about that blog reached out to one of our follower's and in return they reached out to us.

It probably took a week for me to realize someone was hunting me down! The kids had been sick. Rassie had phsycial therapy and his appointments.  I just hadn't been online much other than through my phone.  I use that mostly for facebook and pictures.   I believe it was late Friday night when I was checking all my messages.  Rassie and I both had one on  facebook. It was from a nice lady who works for a non-profit organization called Giving Anonymously. She explained to me who she was, what  GA was, and that she had sent several emails.  I also found a message from her on the comments here :)   .   So I went through my email.  Read them all.  And went to work researching Giving Anonymously.  Let's face it, this is the internet and we never know who we can trust.   I was very skeptical about what I was reading. 
 
It didn't take long to convince me that GA was a legit company. I found several articles that helped me to feel more comfortable with who they are and what they do.  And I read over their own personal site.  http://www.givinganon.org/ .  Here are a few articles I found about them.  Local charity Giving Anonymously nominated for MSN award and Making a Difference from the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams in which they were nominated for an MSN Butterfly Award.

Rassie and I decided to accept the gift and verify our mailing address.

We were both blown away by the generousity of a 'stranger'.  We have no idea who this person is but any person willing to give such a gift will always have a place in our hearts.  Words cannot describe how thankful we are to have such a great support system out there.

Today we recieved the check from Giving Anonymously in the mail.  I did call the number and leave my name, the amount of the check and a short thank you.  Honestly, that thank you didn't do you justice.  We are much more appreciative than it sounded. I just couldn't find the words to express how greatful we are to you.  May God Bless you for what you have made possible for us.
 

For those of you wondering, let me get to it.  The person used Giving Anonymously to give us a cash gift that will go towards the purchase of a stationary bike for Rassie.  We're are now one step closer!  And in the future, when possible we plan on Paying it Forwad to another individual, whoever that might be.

Thank you all again for the support that you show to my husband, myself and my family.  We could not get through this without all of you and your support and prayers for us.

God Bless & Good Night

12 comments:

Holly said...

Oh my gosh, Amber, that is amazing and I love the idea of Giving Anonymously!!!

That is so awesome that someone was so generous and helped Rassie!

Shelly said...

That is awesome! There are many angels out there helping to lift our burdens! It makes this journey we're going through a little easier.

Dr Vinay Ortho said...

Best Orthopedic surgeon in Madhapur

drvidyasagar said...

Best orthopedic surgeon in Kadapa

drvidyasagar said...

Vidyasagar Hospital in Kadapa

Shri Sigma Hospitals said...

Cardiologist in Madhpur

Shri Sigma Hospitals said...

 ENT Doctor in Madhapur

Shri Sigma Hospitals said...

 Best Orthopedic Surgeon in Banjara Hills

Shri Sigma Hospitals said...

Shri Sigma Hospitals

Shri Sigma Hospitals said...

Multispeciality Hospital in Hyderabad

Shri Sigma Hospitals said...

Best Hospital in Madhapur

Drkaranpatelortho said...

Dr Karanpatel orthopedic Clinic