On September 25, 2009, Rassie was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. His symptoms: Swollen Feet and bruising. We never exepected a diagnoses of Leukemia. The Doctors and we ourselves, are very optimistic about the treatments available. We know that we have a long road ahead of us and we hope that you will support us on our journey to recovery.

Friday, May 7, 2010

I want to cry

Tears of happiness.  I guess I haven't been on much with the kids being sick and 3 appointments for them alone this week.  Plus, we had Rassie's phsyical therapy and another physical med & rehab appointment.   I try to keep up with everyone through the internet on my phone and my options are a little limited there.

Ok, back to the tears of happiness.  There are some really kind hearted people out there.  Tonight as I was catching up on everything through the little screen on my cell phone I came across a message on Facebook from a volunteer who works for a non-profit organization called  Giving Anonymously. Apparently, they had made several attempts to contact me with little success.  But finally tonight, I read through some of the attempts and invesitigated the organization.

Someone who has been following my blog and Rassie's story was touched and wanted to send Rassie a gift.  They are helping us to get one step closer to buying Rassie a stationary bike that he can use here at home in an attmept to strengthen his legs and get better.  It literally melts my heart to know that there are people in this world who want to help.  I feel that our family is extremely Blessed to have the support of our friends and family in Rassie's journey to recovery.  I truely believe Rassie will beat CML and Walk again! 

Dear Kind Hearted Giver,

Rassie and I are very thankful for your generousity.  We never excepted someone to reach out to us with a gift like this.  God has wonderful things in store for you.  You are truely one of a kind. Thank you!

From the bottom of our hearts,
Amber & Rassie