On September 25, 2009, Rassie was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. His symptoms: Swollen Feet and bruising. We never exepected a diagnoses of Leukemia. The Doctors and we ourselves, are very optimistic about the treatments available. We know that we have a long road ahead of us and we hope that you will support us on our journey to recovery.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rehab is in the near future

Rassie's white count is still hanging in there at 17k as of today. Not bad at all.

Rehab is in the near future for Rassie.  They really want to get him moved down to the rehab unit of the hospital.   This excites me.  I am sure it excites Rassie too he just doesn't show it as much.  He still has a little bit to go before he gets there.   First, they want him on oral pain meds only and IV free.  It is in the orders that he can get pain meds through the IV if needed but so far he is hanging in strong since yesterday with oral meds only!   Second,  he has to be up to doing 3 hours of physical therapy a day.  This doesn't mean 3 hours consecutively, just throughout the day it needs to add up to 3 hours worth.    I really do have faith that Rassie can do this.  Once he gets moved to the rehab until we will only be able to visit between the hours of 5 and 9 because they do therapy sessions during the day.  I can so handle this if it means getting my husband better and home!

Today two physical therapists came in.  They helped Rassie scoot to the edge of the bed and stand up using the walker.  You have no idea how AWESOME that is!!!!!  His feet and right leg are still pins and needles but the fact that he was able to do this is just....WOW!  I am so very proud of him.  

I cannot wait for the day I update you guys and he's moved to the rehab unit and even better the day I update to say he's coming home!!!

2 comments:

MommyIvy said...

I'm glad things are looking up a little. I'm sure it wont be long and you will be getting to update us with those messages. Rassie seems to be a fighter. Don't let him push himself too hard.

Dr Vinay Ortho said...


Revision Knee Doctor in Hyderabad