On September 25, 2009, Rassie was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. His symptoms: Swollen Feet and bruising. We never exepected a diagnoses of Leukemia. The Doctors and we ourselves, are very optimistic about the treatments available. We know that we have a long road ahead of us and we hope that you will support us on our journey to recovery.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Sunday Sunday

I didn't make it to the hospital to see Rassie as early on Sunday.  Scarlett slept in until 8 and then we still had to get showers and swing by McDonalds to grab daddy breakfast.  Rassie wasn't too hot on the hospital food.  We made it to the hospital by 10. We were slow getting started that morning.  I missed the Fellow (doctor).  Rassie's parents showed up about 20-30 minutes after me.  We set around talking and letting Scarlett play with daddy.  Rassie spoiled Scarlett with icecream and cookies while she was there, but that's ok.  I kept waiting for Dr. H to come by on his rounds.  After waiting for what seemed like forever he never came and we all went back to the house about 1 so that I could get the kids down for nap. 

Rassie and I were both curious about his white count and how low they wanted it before they would let him come home.  The Dr. had said 2-3 days in the hospital but the nurses would look at the chart and say it would be a while before Rassie would get to go home.  We just wanted answers.  Before I made it back to the hospital Dr. H did come by.  He told Rassie that he wanted the count to come down to around 110,000 before sending him home and that would probably take 1-2 more days.  That was good news and we were excited that the stay would not be much longer. 

Later that night I went home to see the kids and play with them for a bit before getting them in bed.  Then I went back and sat with Rassie until about midnight.  He wasn't tired that night and wanted the company. I didn't mind.  

No comments: