On September 25, 2009, Rassie was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. His symptoms: Swollen Feet and bruising. We never exepected a diagnoses of Leukemia. The Doctors and we ourselves, are very optimistic about the treatments available. We know that we have a long road ahead of us and we hope that you will support us on our journey to recovery.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Life is Hard Sometimes

As I was reading through all the blogs I keep tabs on today I came across this one that really caught my attention.  Ryan also has CML and is already undergoing treatment with Gleevec. Please keep him Ryan in your prayers.   But today's post was different. It wasn't about himself. It was about his young cousin who was recently diagnosed with ALL.  It is also a form of leukemia but is much faster paced.  It is heartbreaking to hear of anyone diagnosed with leukemia but it saddens my heart even more to know that a child has been touched with this disease. I have great faith that Carson will fight this ALL and win!  I have known two people from my childhood who were diagnosed with leukemia as a child and are now grown adults with families and children leading happy, healthy lives. 

Please take a moment out of your day to stop and say a prayer for Carson and his family.  You can visit his site at http://www.carsonwiener.com/

1 comment:

Holly said...

I wish we lived in a world where things like this didn't happen. Prayers for them!!